Crock Pot Cherries and Cream Dump Cake is an easy slow cooker dessert made with cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling. Serve warm and top with vanilla ice cream for an unbelievably delicious dessert.
This dump cake is so, so easy. Only a handful of ingredients, a few minutes of prep time, and a couple of hours in the crock pot are needed.
Last month I made a Peaches and Cream version of this cake and I had a feeling a cherry version would be just as good, if not better. Well, I think it is better.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CROCK POT PEACHES AND CREAM DUMP CAKE:
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Cream Cheese– make sure it is softened.
- Sugar– I use granulated, but brown sugar can be used instead.
- Almond Extract– vanilla extract can be used instead, but use double the amount.
- Cake Mix– Yellow or white can be used. I like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker.
- Butter– I use salted.
Use the cooking time as an estimate. Slow cookers tend to cook at different rates. Get to know your slow cooker so you get a feel for how to adjust cooking times. Some crock pots run a little hot. The newer ones tend to take longer to cook.
Paper towels are needed to keep the condensation from dropping back on the cake.
Sometimes the edges of this dessert get done before the middle. Take a peak at the cake before the 2 hour mark. If the edges look like they are at risk of burning, but the inside is still really undercooked, give it a good stir and put the lid back on.
This is a gooey cake so don’t look for the middle to completely set up. But the batter shouldn’t look raw.
Dump cake with cherries makes a great 4th of July dessert!
Try These Other Amazing Slow Cooker Desserts:
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- Crock Pot Elvis Pudding Cake
- Slow Cooker Lemon Cake
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Grease a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour cherry pie filling into slow cooker and spread it evenly.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract in a large bowl and use a hand-held electric mixer to beat until smooth.Drop by dollops over cherries.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over cake mix.
- Place a double layer of paper towels under the slow cooker lid and place on the slow cooker.Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Take a peak at about 1 hour 45 minutes. If it is getting too done around the edges, give it a good stir and place lid back on and continue cooking.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.