Cherry Chocolate Cobbler is a Cracker Barrel knock-off and it’s the perfect ending to a country meal. You’re going to want to get out the vanilla ice cream for this one y’all. Serve it warm with a nice big scoop of ice cream and you will be in heaven.
With chocolate and cherries, this country dessert has the taste of Black Forest Cake but in an easy to make cobbler form.
This Cherry Chocolate Cobbler is so easy to make with a can of cherry pie filling. Melted semi-sweet chocolate chips provide a rich chocolate flavor and some slivered almonds on top add some crunch.
All of the other ingredients you need for this cobbler are likely to already be in your pantry or refrigerator- all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, eggs, and milk. That’s what is so great about cobblers. They take a few simple ingredients and turn them into something fabulous!
This is one super delicious cobbler. Scroll down beneath the recipe box to find more cobbler favorites!
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pices
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Spread the cherry pie filling in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place chocolate chips in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir frequently until melted and make sure the heat is very low or the chocolate will burn. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until there are no pieces bigger than a pea.
- Whisk together the milk and egg and stir into the melted chocolate.
- Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Use a spoon to drop the batter over the cherries.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
More Cobbler Recipes