There’s no better or easier way to turn fresh blackberries into a delicious summer dessert than this recipe for Easy Skillet Blackberry Cobbler. Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream for a spectacular summer dessert.
Blackberries aren’t my favorite berry. In fact, they are probably my least favorite. But I do really like them and their tart flavor makes for really interesting desserts when combined with plenty of sugar.
Like most cobbler recipes, this one is totally simple. Melt a stick of butter in a cast iron pan. Add a simple batter and scatter the blackberries on top. Place in the oven until golden brown on top. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and savor every little bite.
So easy. So delicious.
No cast iron pan? Use a 9-inch baking dish instead.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Easy Skillet Blackberry Cobbler
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9-inch cast iron pan or a baking dish. Place in oven until butter melts.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together all remaining ingredients except the blackberries.
- Once butter has melted, remove pan from oven using a potholder. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle blackberries on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
More Cobbler Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.