Baked Margarita Chicken- chicken leg quarters are marinated in margarita mix, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and then baked in the oven.
It’s a wonderfully juicy baked chicken recipe!
This easy chicken dinner only takes about 10 minutes of prep time and then 45 minutes of hands-off time in the oven.
3 Easy Steps
- Mix the marinade in a large ziptop bag and add the chicken. Marinate 2 to 8 hours.
- Bake the chicken. Place chicken and marinade in a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake 45 minutes.
- Broil for a few minutes to get the skin golden and crispy.
How Long To Marinate?
Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours. The longer you let it marinate, the more flavor it will have, but you don’t want to go much longer than 8 hours or the acidity of the marinade can start to change the texture of the chicken.
How To Serve
Some great sides to go with Baked Margarita Chicken are Chipotle Corn Salad, Orange Rice, Creamy Spicy Cucumbers, Perfect Mexcian Rice, Pintos and Sausage, Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad, and Southwestern Salad with Jalapeno Lime Vinaigrette. Don’t forget to make a batch of margaritas!
Add 1/4 cup of tequila to the marinade. It will add a slight smoky flavor to the chicken.
More Great Chicken Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Sweet and Tangy Oven-Barbecued Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup liquid margarita mix
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- salt and pepper
- Place first 7 ingredients in a large ziptop bag. Close bag and shake to mix.
- Add chicken and turn to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place chicken skin side up in baking dish. Pour marinade on top of chicken.Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to brown skin.