Baked Bourbon Teriyaki Chicken has the perfect blend of sweet, salty, and spicy. Boneless chicken thighs stay ultra juicy in the oven and are coated with a thick and flavorful sauce.
It’s a foolproof dinner the whole family will love.
This Teriyaki Chicken bakes up with a thick, flavorful coating. The sauce is a mixture of dark brown sugar (light brown can be used instead), teriyaki sauce, low-sodium soy sauce, grape juice, bourbon, ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic. A little cornstarch is added to help thicken the sauce as it cooks so that it really coats the chicken well.
I like to serve Baked Bourbon Teriyaki Chicken with white rice and broccoli. A side salad with ginger dressing is also a great side for this chicken dinner.
I really like using chicken thighs as opposed to chicken breasts for this teriyaki recipe. They have a higher fat content and stay wonderfully juicy and are very hard to overcook.
Baked Bourbon Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Tips:
- A half a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes makes this dish fairly spicy. Cut the amount in half to reduce the heat. Serve with Sriracha sauce to add more heat.
- Light brown sugar can be used instead of dark brown.
- The bourbon can be left out.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Try These Other Easy Chicken Dinners:
- Crock Pot Honey Soy Chicken with Broccoli
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
Baked Bourbon Teriyaki Chicken
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white grape juice, orange juice, or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Place chicken thighs in the prepared baking dish. Pour sauce over them.
- Bake for 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.