White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are loaded with white chocolate chips and pecans and flavored with a touch of cinnamon.
They have that soft and chewy texture that’s so characteristic of oatmeal cookies and they only take 10 to 12 minutes to bake.
What Type of Oats To Use?
Either quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats can be used. Old-fashioned will result in heartier, chewier texture.
- Electric Mixer- either hand-held or stand mixer.
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Wire Rack
Be sure to measure the flour correctly. Fluff it up in the bag or container, scoop it with a spoon into a dry measuring cup, and then level it with the back of a knife. Correctly measuring the flour helps prevent dry cookies.
Be careful not to overmix the cookie dough when you add the flour or you will have tough cookies. Just mix on LOW until all of the flour is incorporated.
Use an Ice Cream Scoop
To quickly form uniform-shaped cookies, use a medium spring-loaded ice cream scoop.
For extra flavor, add about 1/2 cup of Craisins.
Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 5 to 6 days.
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies– tons of buttery butterscotch flavor.
- Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies– with a thick and creamy marshmallow filling.
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture. Mix just until these is no visible dry flour.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Use a medium scoop to drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them a few inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until getting golden brown around the edges.Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.