Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are perfectly chewy and soft. Oatmeal scotchies, as they are also called, have tons of buttery butterscotch flavor.
What’s To Love About Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies?
These cookies are absolutely perfect. It doesn’t get any better than a homemade cookie and these cookies have everything I love about freshly bakes cookies.
Firstly, they are loaded with butterscotch chips. A flavor I really adore.
They have that great chewy texture that oatmeal cookies should have and the butterscotch flavor totally enhances the flavor of the oats.
They have just the right amount of thickness and don’t spread out too thin.
They are crsipy on the edges and wonderfully soft in the middle.
You’ll want to serve these cookies with a large glass of cold milk to wash them down with.
Other Variations of These Cookies
- You can easily add chopped pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts for some nutty flavor.
- Switch out the butterscotch chips for raisins or chocolate chips to change the flavor.
- I love the addition of a little cinnamon, but if you’re not a fan, leave it out.
Tips For Making Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- Your butter should be soft, but not room temperature. The cookies will spread out more if it is room temperature.
- Be careful not to overbake these cookies. They will still look undercooked in the middle but will set up as they cool.
- Use the baking time as an estimate. There are lots of factors that can influence it including the type of baking pan used, how many times you open the oven, whether you measured the cookies smaller or larger, and your oven might run a little hot or cold.
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
More Homemade Cookie Recipes
- Oatmeal Spice Cookies with Maple Glaze
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups regular or quick-cooking oats
- 1 (11-ounce) bag butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour.
- Beat in oats and butterscotch morsels.
- Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray and use it to drop batter onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Edges should be golden but center will still look a little undercooked.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 thought on “Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies”
That looks like something I’d desperately need after work !