Double Chocolate M&M Cookies are thick and soft and have lots of chocolate flavor and oodles of M&Ms and are sure to be a favorite in your cookie jar.
These Double Chocolate M&M Cookies have both cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips added to the batter. The M&Ms melt a little creating a fantastically fudgy cookie.
To prevent the cookies from spreading out too much, refrigerate the dough for 1 hour before baking.
You can use either mini baking M&Ms or regular M&M candies.
I like to add more M&M candies to decorate each cookie right when I take them out of the oven. You just can’t have too many M&Ms. That way there’s no need to examine all the cookies to find the one with the most M&Ms before you choose the one you want. They are all fully loaded with M&Ms.
More Cookie Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini baking M&Ms , plus a few extra
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mxture and mix just until incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips and m&ms. Cover and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop batter onto baking sheets. Or use a spoon to scoop tablespoon-sized amounts of batter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Press more m&ms into tops of cookies when they come out of the oven if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.