If you are a fan of soft-baked cookies, these Soft Baked Reese’s Pieces Cookies can’t be beat. They are fabulously soft with plenty of chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
Cookies don’t get any softer than these. It’s almost like eating cookie batter. A little cornstarch added to the batter helps make these cookies super soft. Plus the cornstarch helps keep the cookies a little bit thicker.
I love cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips and in this case, Reese’s Pieces. I typically add them in a 3-step process. First they get added to the batter, then I press a few more on top of each mound of dough just before I pop them in the oven. Then when I take the baking sheet out of the oven, I press a few on top of each cookie in any areas tha are lacking.
Soft Baked Reese’s Pieces Recipe Tips:
M&M’s can be used instead of Reese’s Pieces.
White chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips can be used instead of milk chocolate chips.
For best results, plan ahead and make the cookie dough a day in advance. At the very least, refrigerate it for at least 3 hours. This helps keep the cookies from spreading out too much.
These cookies are best served warm right out of the oven. Aren’t all cookies? With a tall glass of milk. They can be kept in a ziplock bag and will stay soft and fresh for at least 5 days.
Try These Other Cookie Recipes:
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies
- Chocolate Floretine Cookies
Soft Baked Reese's Pieces Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces candies, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Whisk in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and1/2 cup of Reese's Pieces.Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Overnight is even better.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into balls a little bigger than a golf ball. You should get 15 to 16 cookies.
- Press a few Reese's Pieces into the top of each dough ball.Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Cookies will still look a little underdone.Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Kleinworthco.com
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
1 thought on “Soft Baked Reese’s Pieces Cookies”
I followed the recipe to a T, even refrigerated the dough overnight. Not sure what happened but they spread all over the cookie sheet.