Turkey Pot Pie with Stuffing Topping- a buttery pie crust stuffed full with a creamy turkey filling and topped with a savory stuffing. Pot Pie never tasted so good.
It’s a great way to turn leftover Thanksgiving turkey into a warm, comfort food meal. If stuffing (dressing) is your favorite part of Thanksgiving, you will love this Thanksgiving-style pot pie. The addition of a buttery pie crust takes the combined flavors of turkey and stuffing over the top.
Turkey Pot Pie with Stuffing Topping Recipe Tips:
- If you don’t have turkey, chicken can be used for this recipe.
- I use a refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust for ease and convenience, but you could use a homemade pie crust. I love this Flaky Pie Crust.
- This recipe calls for Stovetop stuffing, but you could use any leftover stuffing or dressing. You want about 4 cups.
- If using leftover stuffing, be sure it is plenty moist. It will dry out some in the oven.
- Two boxes of Stovetop Stuffing is a little much for this pie, but I find 1 box is not enough. With 2 boxes, you will need to pile it pretty high which is totally ok with me since stuffing is practically my favorite thing.
- If you really want to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers, try spreading a thin layer of mashed potatoes in the bottom of the pie crust.
- The filling can be made a day in advance and then this pot pie is really easy to prep.
- Leftovers will keep about 4 days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
Try These Other Leftover Turkey Recipes:
- Leftover Turkey Jambalaya
- Creamy Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Southwestern Turkey Rice Casserole
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 (6-ounce) boxes Stovetop stuffing, any flavor
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 cups diced, cooked turkey
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Bring the water and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in stuffing mix and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and carrots. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a simmer and add the salt, pepper, thyme, and poultry seasoning.
- Simmer until mixture thickens. Stir in peas and turkey. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Transfer filling to pie crust. Mound stuffing on top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until pie crust is golden. Check after about 30 minutes and if stuffing is getting too brown, loosely place foil on top of it.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.