Turkey Salad is full of cranberries, celery, and pecans in a mayonnaise-based dressing. Makes a great turkey salad sandwich and it’s a wonderful way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
This simple sandwich filling can be made in just minutes.
What You’ll Need
- 2 1/2 cups of leftover turkey– I like a combo of white meat and dark meat.
- Mayonnaise– Use Miracle Whip if you prefer.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Just a touch perks up the flavor. Lemon juice can be used instead.
- Celery Salt– adds awesome flavor.
- Black Pepper
- Green Onion– red onion can be used instead.
- Celery– for some crunch. Omit if you don’t like celery.
- Dried cranberries– for sweetness. Halved red grapes can be used instead.
- Toasted Pecans– toasted walnuts or almonds can be used instead.
- Food Processor– to chop the turkey. How much or how little is up to you. You can leave it in bigger chuncks or process it into very small pieces.
If you don’t have a food processor, chop the turkey with a sharp knife.
Make Ahead and Storage
Best made at least an hour or two in advance. Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
How To Serve
Serve in lettuce cups for a low carb lunch or make a sandwich with whole grain bread, lettuce and tomato. Also tastes great with croissants.
More Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Jambalaya
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Southwestern Turkey Rice Casserole
- Turkey Corn Chowder
- Creamy Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Place turkey, mayonnaise, vinegar, celery salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until turkey is finely chopped.Note: If you do not have a food processor, chop the turkey into small pieces with a knife and then mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.