This Taco Ring is made from refrigerated crescent roll dough arranged in a circle and stuffed with taco meat and cheese. It’s a great way to turn tacos into easy to eat game day fare.
I love using crescent roll dough for quick and easy appetizers and meals. Nothing beats that butter flavor and flaky texture.
Find more recipes for using crescent rolls at the bottom of this post.
This Taco Ring looks impressive, but it’s a breeze to whip up.
First you brown a pound of ground beef with a little onion and add a packet of taco seasoning.
Next I add a little cream cheese to the mixture for added flavor and some creaminess, plus it helps bind the mixture together.
Arrange the crescent rolls in a circle with the pointy ends sticking out. You want the open circle in the middle to be about 5-6 inches across. Spread the taco meat out over the wide part and top with shredded cheese.
Fold the points of the crescent rolls up and over toward the center and you’re ready to bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve with whatever taco fixings you like. Whether served for game day or dinner, this Taco Ring will be yummed up in no time!
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mexican blend)
- shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, black olives, jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef along with onion in a large pan, breaking ground beef apart with a wooden spoon. Add water and taco seasoning and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese to pan, and stir until melted and mixed in evenly. Remove from heat.
- Unroll cans of crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
- On a lightly greased cookie sheet, arrange them overlapping in a sun pattern with a 5 to 6 inch opening in the center. The short ends will form the center in the middle with the pointy ends facing out.
- Spoon taco mixture over wide section close to center. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bring each tip of crescent roll dough up and over toward the center and tuck underneath.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with taco fixings.
More Game Day Recipes
More Fun With Crescent Rolls
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.