Moist and tender Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls with a cinnamon-pecan filling and a sweet sugar glaze will really hit the spot for a lazy weekend breakfast. Mashed sweet potatoes give the rolls a beautiful orange hue and also add to the flavor.
I’m crazy about using sweet potatoes in anything and everything, especially this time of year. Recently I made Sweet Potato Rolls and had plenty of dough left over to do something else with. Cinnamon rolls immediately came to mind. I hadn’t made them since making Strawberry Sweet Rolls.
I rolled the dough out and spread it with a combination of brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. Next I rolled the dough up and cut it into slices.
Rolls before rising.
Rolls after rising.
And boy of boy, what a delicious breakfast. Yes cinnamon rolls are a little time consuming to make, but if you enjoy baking, it is time well spent.
- 1/2 a recipe of sweet potato dough
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare sweet potato dough and let rise in refrigerator overnight.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll dough into a 12x9-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter, and pecans. Sprinkle mixture evenly on dough.
- Starting at wide end, roll dough up. Use a knife or dental floss to cut into 9 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for glaze in a bowl. Drizzle glaze on cinnamon rolls.
Want to Save This Recipe?