Super Moist Cornbread spiced up with pickled jalapeno peppers. Some sliced fresh jalapenos on top make it look pretty and give a hint of what’s inside.
Sour cream and a can of creamed corn keep this cornbread really moist, even a day or two after baking.
Serve Super Moist Jalapeno Cornbread with some Five Alarm Chili for a super spicy meal.
I like to cook cornbread in a Cast-Iron Skillet that’s been heated in the oven before the batter is added. Cast iron helps get the exterior golden brown and a little crispy.
You could add some cheese and/or bacon to this cornbread to make it even more delicious.
Super Moist Jalapeno Cornbread
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2-3 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Place in oven until butter melts, careful not to burn butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, and cream-style corn.
- Whisk in cornmeal.
- Whisk in melted butter from cast iron skillet. Stir in pickled jalapenos.
- Pour batter into cast iron skillet. Arrange jalapeno slices in a circle in the middle.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Cornbread is so easy to make and is the perfect accompaniment to any southern meal.
Try these other cornbread recipes.
Disclosure: Spicy Southern Kitchen is an amazon.com affiliate. This post may contain affiliate links.
6 thoughts on “Super Moist Jalapeno Cornbread”
This Super Moist Jalapeño cornbread recipe worked great. Guests will gobble it up. Leave off the fresh jalapeños if you want to back off the heat. You can add diced red and green bell peppers to add color . Superb!
This looks delicious!
I love corn bread… this is absolutely my kinda bread especially with the pickled jalapeno and the creamed corn… simply yummmm.
Mmmm we had soup for dinner tonight and this cornbread would have been perfect! It looks completely delicious with those pickled jalapenos!
Alex would love this take on cornbread (he loves his spicy food). Adding in the cheese and bacon would really take it over the top…like we’d want to eat it every day (which I could actually eat cornbread every day). As we all know, having a heated cast iron skillet is the only way to make cornbread. 😉 Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Ah that looks great! Love jalapenos on cornbread, that’s the best kind 🙂