Super Moist Cornbread spiced up with pickled jalapeno peppers. Some sliced fresh jalapenos on top make it look pretty and give a hint of what’s inside.
Sour cream and a can of creamed corn keep this cornbread really moist, even a day or two after baking.
Serve Super Moist Jalapeno Cornbread with some Five Alarm Chili for a super spicy meal.
I like to cook cornbread in a Cast-Iron Skillet that’s been heated in the oven before the batter is added. Cast iron helps get the exterior golden brown and a little crispy.
You could add some cheese and/or bacon to this cornbread to make it even more delicious.
Super Moist Jalapeno Cornbread
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2-3 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Place in oven until butter melts, careful not to burn butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, and cream-style corn.
- Whisk in cornmeal.
- Whisk in melted butter from cast iron skillet. Stir in pickled jalapenos.
- Pour batter into cast iron skillet. Arrange jalapeno slices in a circle in the middle.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cornbread is so easy to make and is the perfect accompaniment to any southern meal.
Try these other cornbread recipes.
Disclosure: Spicy Southern Kitchen is an amazon.com affiliate. This post may contain affiliate links.