Strawberry Nutella Dessert Pizza is made on a crusty, buttery puff pastry dough. This deliciously sweet dessert pizza is an elegant finish to any Spring dinner and it also works great as a party appetizer. Strawberry preserves serve as the pizza sauce and both mascarpone cheese and fontina cheese are sprinkled on top for lots of creamy and rich cheese flavor.
This Strawberry Nutella Dessert Pizza is fabulously easy to make. Start with one sheet of puff pastry and roll it out as thin as you can get it. Cut it into 2 oval shapes and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover them with another piece of parchment paper and place another baking sheet on top. This will help keep the pastry from puffing up too much.
Bake until starting to get golden and then remove from the oven. Take the top baking sheet off and let the pizza crusts cool some. Spread strawberry preserves on each piece and scatter little dollops of mascarpone cheese on each one. Sprinkle on the fontina cheese, the strawberry slices and a little sugar.
Pop back in the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden and crispy. Finally, drizzle with Nutella and if desired, a few mint leaves.
Nutella and strawberries are such a natural combination and they make for a wonderful dessert pizza.
Note: In a pinch you can sub cream cheese for the mascarpone cheese.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Butter
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danishes
- Glazed Strawberry Fritters
- No Bake Strawberry Lasagna
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 a box)
- parchment paper
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll puff pastry out between 2 pieces of parchment paper until thin. It should increase in size by a good 50%. Cut into 2 rectangles. You can leave them rectangle shape or take a knife and round the corners off to make 2 ovals.
- Place the 2 pieces of dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Make sure they do not touch each other. Use 2 baking sheets if you have to.
- Completely cover the dough with another piece of parchment paper and place a second baking sheet on top. This weight will help keep the dough from puffing up too much.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. It will only be partially cooked at this point. Let cool. Turn oven temperature up to 375 degrees.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of strawberry jam on each piece.
- Pinch off small pieces of mascarpone cheese and scatter them across both pieces of dough
- Sprinkle Fontina cheese across dough. And scatter strawberry slices on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on each one.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Place Nutella in a ziptop bag. Cut the corner and drizzle Nutella across pizza.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Want to Save This Recipe?
If you’re a fan of Strawberry Desserts, this Old-Fashioned Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is a must make! Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.