These Glazed Strawberry Fritters have a crunchy, crispy outside covered in glaze with lots of chunks of fresh strawberry. They are hands down one of the most delicious ways to eat fresh strawberries.
The batter has some sweetness but most of the sweetness comes from the super sweet powdered sugar glaze and you can put a little or a lot of glaze on the fritters depending on how sweet you want them to be. 🙂
A large amount of baking powder in the batter makes these fritters fry up super light.
Dice the strawberries and let them sit on paper towels for a good 15-20 minutes to soak up excess moisture. No one wants soggy fritters. 🙂
You also want to make the glaze nice and thick so that it won’t make the fritters soggy.
Strawberry Fritters are best eaten as soon after frying as possible. Preferably while they are still warm.
Glazed Strawberry Fritters make a wonderful Spring/Summer breakfast or dessert.
Glazed Strawberry Fritters fry up golden and crisp with chunks of fresh strawberry throughout.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups hulled and roughly chopped strawberries, spread out on paper towels to soak up excess moisture
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add eggs and milk along with melted butter and vanilla to dry ingredients.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a large spoon to scoop batter and another spoon to scrape the batter into the oil. Fry until golden on bottom, flip over and fry until bottom is golden. Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk together Glaze ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over fritters.
Recipe adapted from Her Cup of Joy
More Strawberry Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.