Southwestern Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups are full of diced chicken, black beans, corn, and taco seasoning and covered in a creamy enchilada sauce. Such a delicious mash-up of Italian and Mexican food. With a nice spicy kick, these Southwestern Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups are bursting with flavor.
I love to make Lasagna Roll-Ups. They are so much fun to make and roll up and they are easier to serve than regular lasagna since they come pre-portioned.
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN LASAGNA ROLL-UPS:
- Cook the lasagna noodles. Don’t forget to salt the water.
- While the lasagna noodles cook, mix together all the filling ingredients and add in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and enchilada sauce together. Spread a thin layer in the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and mix 1/3 cup into the filling.
- Spread the filling mixture on the lasagna noodles.
- Roll them up and place them seam side down in the baking dish. Add any filling that falls out to the baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce mixture on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes.
IS THIS DISH SPICY?
To make this dish spicy, use “Hot” enchilada sauce and spicy taco seasoning and serve with Cholulu hot sauce.
These Lasagna Roll-Ups are fairly heavy and are best served with something light like a Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad or a green salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Try These Other Awesome Lasagna Recipes:
- Lasagna Zucchini Boats
- Mexican Lasagna
- Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna
- Cream Cheese Lasagna
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Cholulu hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions in a large pot of salted water. Drain. Spread them out so they don't stick to each other.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, black beans, corn, green chiles, taco seasoning, garlic powder, green onions, cilantro, and hot sauce. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded Mexican cheese.Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer to mix together cream cheese and about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce until smooth. Beat in remaining enchilada sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spread about 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.Mix in 1/3 of the enchilada sauce mixture into the chicken mixture.
- Divide chicken mixture between the 12 lasagna noodles, spreading it evenly over the noodles. Roll each noodle up and place in baking dish. Add any bits that fell out to the baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top.Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded Mexican cheese on top and return to oven for 5 minutes. Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.