Snickers Pancakes have chopped candy bars in the batter and a decadent Snickers syrup. This is a pancake breakfast you won’t soon forget.
Every year for my daughter’s birthday I make her special birthday pancakes for breakfast. Over the years I’ve made Cake Batter Pancakes, Double Stuff Oreo Pancakes, and Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes. This year she requested Snickers Pancakes.
I think she got a little hooked on Snickers bars after I bought a bunch to make Snickers Caramel Apple Salad. Ordinarily I only buy them for Halloween.
Snickers Pancakes Recipe
As a base I started with my favorite pancake batter recipe but reduced the sugar some. I added chopped up Snickers bars to the batter.
For a sauce, I melted 3 chopped up Snickers bars with a little heavy cream. Then I mixed in some maple syrup so it would qualify as a pancake syrup and not a sauce. 😉
Plus I thought it would taste more breakfasty that way.
And it was a huge hit with the birthday girl who I can’t believe is now 16. She’s almost grown but I’m hoping she’ll want birthday pancakes for many, many more years.
How To Make:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a second bowl.
- Mix. Add the two together, stirring just enough to combine.
- Add in the chopped snickers bars.
- Cook the pancakes on a griddle or in a nonstick skillet.
- Make the syrup.
More Snickers Recipes To Try:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 snickers bars, chopped
- vegetable oil
- 3 regular-size snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk the egg into the buttermilk and add to flour mixture along with melted butter.
- Stir with a wooden spoon just long enough to get flour mixed in.
- Fold in 2 chopped snickers bars.
- Grease a griddle or large nonstick pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- Use a ladle or measuring cup to pour batter and form pancakes about 4 inches across. Batter will be thick.
- Cook until bubbles form on top, flip over and cook until set in the middle.
- To make syrup, place 3 chopped Snickers bars and heavy cream in a small saucepan with a heavy bottom. Set over low heat and stir until completely melted. Stir in maple syrup. You can reheat the sauce in the microwave if you need to.
Originally published September 4, 2015.