Snickers Poke Cake- a moist chocolate cake, soaked with caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk and covered with a creamy peanut butter frosting with chopped Snickers bars. Oh so delicious!
Desserts made with candy are some of my favorite. And next to Butterfinger candy, I think Snickers are my favorite to use for baking.
This easy Snickers Poke Cake starts with a box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix. You could bake a from scratch chocolate sheet cake, but there are so many flavors going on in this dessert, no one will notice you used a box cake mix. Once baked and cooled slightly, you’ll poke holes all over the cake using either a straw or the end of a wooden spoon.
Mix together equal parts of sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce (I just use a jarred caramel sauce) and slowly pour over the cake so that it soaks down into the holes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, overnight is fine.
Next comes the frosting which is an amazingly delicious blend of cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, Cool Whip and chopped Snickers bars. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 more hour. To serve, drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce and decorate the top with mini Snickers bars. This poke cake is a real showstopper!
This recipe is great for using up leftover Halloween candy. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
More Snickers Desserts:
Snickers Poke Cake
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- ingredients on back of cake mix box
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip
- 12 mini Snickers, chopped
- chocolate sauce
- caramel sauce
- 12 mini Snickers bars
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to box directions in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce in a large measuring cup. Poke holes in cake and slowly pour mixture into holes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.Beat in powdered sugar.
- Gently beat in Cool Whip and then stir in Snickers.
- Spread frosting on top of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce and decorate with Snickers bars.