Slow Cooker Bacon Mushroom Dressing is a tasty southern dressing with a little smoky flavor.
Super easy to make in a slow cooker and it frees up valuable oven space for your turkey and other sides.
Equipment Needed For Slow Cooker Bacon Mushroom Dressing
- Nonstick Skillet
- 6-Quart Slow Cooker
Pre-Cook The Bacon and Veggies
There is a little pre-cooking involved for this slow cooker recipe but then the slow cooker does all the work and frees up oven space.
Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet. Then cook the onion, celery, and mushrooms in the bacon grease until soft.
Mix Everything Together
Whisk together the chicken broth and eggs in a large bowl and then mix the remaining ingredients in.
Slow Cook For 3 to 3 1/2 Hours
Transfer the stuffing mixture to a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Stir halfway through so it doesn’t burn around the edges.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Can be prepared through step 4 twelve hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is easily customizable. You can use ground breakfast sausage instead of bacon. Add some crushed red pepper flakes if you want it spicy.
More Great Thanksgiving Sides
- Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Savannah Seafood Stuffing
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
- Southern Broccoli Casserole
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon balck pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add onion, celery and mushrooms to bacon drippings and cook until onion and celery are soft.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chicken broth and eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients including bacon, onion, celery, and mushrooms. Stir until evenly combined.
- Transfer to a greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, stirring halfway through.