Sausage and Cheese Tater Tot Cups- a whole breakfast in a muffin cup. Crispy tater tots, ground breakfast sausage, eggs, and cheddar cheese. All your breakfast favorites combine to make a delicious breakfast the kids will love.
What You Need For This Recipe:
- A regular-size muffin tin.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage- use hot if you want your Tater Tot Cups to be spicy.
- 7 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Pepper Jack or a Mexican cheese blend can be used instead)
- 72 frozen tater tots
How To Make Sausage and Cheese Tater Tot Cups:
You’ll start by browning the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. While the sausage cooks, place 3 tater tots in center of the muffin cups and place them in the oven for 10 minutes
Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Divide the mixture between each of the cups. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and top each with 3 tater tots. Pop back in the oven for 20 minutes.
Once they cool just slightly, run a knife around the edge of each one and remove them from the muffin tin.
Spray the muffin tray really, really well with cooking spray. Once you remove them from the oven, don’t let them cool too much before you remove them from the muffin tray or they will stick. Run the knife around the edge to loosen them.
Leftovers reheat well and will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or they can be frozen.
More Fun Breakfast Treats to Try:
- Waffled French Toast
- Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Hand Pies
- Sausage Gravy Stuffed Biscuits
Sausage and Cheese Tater Tot Cups
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag frozen tater tots, (you will need 72)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and heavily spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain and cool.
- While sausage is cooking, place 3 tater tots in the bottom of each muffing tin. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the sausage and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- After the muffin tin with the tater tots has been in the oven for 10 minutes, remove it and evenly divide the sausage egg mixture between the cups.Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of each one. Place another 3 tater tots on top of each.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes of until egg mixture is completely set.Let cool for 3 minutes and then run a knife around the edge of each one to loosen it and then remove from the muffin tin.