Pepperoni Cheese Ball is made with cream cheese, lots of chopped pepperoni, crushed pineapple, and shredded cheddar cheese and chopped pecans.
It is a delicious savory cheese ball and the crushed pienapple adds just a hint of sweetness.
- Cream Cheese- be sure to take it out of the refrigerator at least an hour in advance so it has time to soften.
- Crushed Pineapple– drain it well, pressing down on the pineapple slightly so that you don’t have too much liquid in the cheese ball.
- Pepperoni– you can use either the slices made for pizza or a pepperoni stick. Either way, chop it into small pieces.
- Minced Dried Onions– sliced green onions can be substituted.
- Seasoned Salt– Cajun seasoning can be substituted. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for some spiciness.
- Cheddar Cheese– medium or sharp is fine.
- Toasted Pecans– almonds can be used instead or you can leave the nuts out.
How To Serve
I love to spread this cheese ball on crackers. Any type of cracker will do. For a low carb appetizer, serve it with cucumber slices or celery sticks. Or you can go all in on the pepperoni and make pepperoni chips in an air fryer to sere with it.
Best made at least an hour in advance so it has time to chill and the flavors get a chance to blend. Can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap and they will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
More Cheese Ball Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Bacon Cheese Ball Bites
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball
- Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball
- Jalapeno Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Pepperoni Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion or 2 green sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, crushed pineapple, pepperoni, dried onion, and seasoned salt until evenly mixed.
- Shape into a ball. Place cheddar cheese and pecans on a plate and roll the cheese ball in the mixture.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.