Peach Praline Upside Down Cake is a southern twist on Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Made with fresh peaches, pecans, and a brown sugar and butter mixture that caramelizes into a gooey praline-like sauce, it makes a fantastic southern dessert.
I love to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
It’s the height of peach season in South Carolina. Ripe fresh peaches are one of my favorite things about summers in the south.
The classic upside-down cake consists of pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, and a box of cake mix. But there are so many different ways to make one. Try this Peanut Butter Banana Upside Down Cake.
This Peach Praline Upside-Down Cake is made with a from scratch batter, but it is super easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients on hand. You’ll use an electric mixer to cream together softened butter and sugar. Add an egg and vanilla extract. Then you’ll add a flour, baking powder, and salt mixture alternating with milk.
The peach praline mixture is flavored with a little cinnamon and ginger. The pecans add a wonderful crunch and the brown sugar and butter make them taste so good.
Tips for making Praline Peach Upside-Down Cake:
- Canned peaches or frozen peaches that have been defrosted can be substituted for the fresh peaches.
- For more flavor, try adding a tablespoon of bourbon to the butter/brown sugar mixture.
- Whatever you do, don’t let the cake cool for longer than 10 minutes in the pan before you remove it. It will start to stick as the butter and sugar on the bottom of the pan cool and harden.
More Peach Desserts to try:
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Georgia Peach Pound Cake
- Peach Cobbler Bars
- Skinny Peach Cobbler
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into a 9-inch cake pan. Swirl the pan to evenly coat it.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and pecans in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange the peach slices in a circle around the perimeter of the pan and then fill the center with peach slices.
- Using an electric mixer, beat softened butter and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until mixed in. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure it is evenly mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to mixing bowl, alternating with milk. Mix just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter over peaches. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until it feels firm when you press gently on the top.
- Let cool 10 minutes and then invert onto a serving plate. Do not let it cool longer than 10 minutes or it will stick to the pan.
- Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.