Peach Cobbler Bars have a buttery flavor and a sugary glaze. Made from fresh summer peaches and flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
We live right in the middle of South Carolina peach country and there’s a farm stand with fresh peaches only a short walk from my house. I try to take advantage of them and use them for everything from pancakes to cocktails to salsa.
While I am still partial to a warm bowl of peach cobbler, these bars are perfect for when you need a quick and easy cleanup. No spoons or bowls required.
Peach Cobbler Bars have a buttery flavor with a hint of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger plus a little almond extract.
This recipe makes a 9×13-inch pan full of bars so it is perfect for picnics and potlucks. We ate them plain, but I’m sure they’d be even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I use fresh peaches but you could use frozen. Make sure to use very ripe peaches to get plenty of sweetness.
I drizzled a simple glaze on top for a little extra sweetness, but it’s really not necessary. Especially if you serve them with ice cream or whipped cream.
Try These Other Amazing Peach Recipes:
Peach Cobbler Bars
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups peeled pitted, and sliced fresh peaches (about 8 peaches)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir in peaches and lemon juice until combined.
- In another large bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup brown sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Press half of flour mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Spread peach mixture evenly on top.
- Sprinkle remaining flour mixture on top of peaches.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Stir together powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over cooled bars.
Originally published July 8, 2016.
Recipe adapted from Taste of the South Magazine
More Cobbler Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.