Nutter Butter Truffles have a creamy peanut butter and crushed Nutter Butter cookie filling covered in white chocolate or milk chocolate. With a drizzle of peanut butter on top, these easy truffles are the perfect peanut butter flavored candy.
A creamy cream cheese filling makes these Nutter Butter Truffles hard to resist. The filling is a combination of just 3 ingredients- crushed Nutter Butter Cookies, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. The cookie crumbs get soft, making a creamy, not crunchy filling with just the righ amount of peanut butter flavor.
Tips for Making Nutter Butter Truffles:
- I like to use a combination of milk or semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate, but you could use all one or the other.
- Use a regular size package of Nutter Butter Cookies. I haven’t included the pacakage weight (size) because they change that so frequently. It won’t make but a slight difference if you use a few more or a few less coookies. If the mixture is too dry to shape into balls, add a little peanut butter. If it is too wet, you can add more powdered sugar.
- Likewise, the size of the balls isn’t really important. I make them maybe slightly larger than an inch across, but you can make them smaller or larger.
- If you don’t have chocolate candy coating, you can use melted chocolate chips for the coating. The candy coating is much easier to work with though.
Nutter Butter Truffles can be refrigerated for a week or frozen for several months which makes them a great make ahead treat for special occasions and the holidays.
More Truffle Recipes
- Buckeye Balls
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Creme De Menthe Truffles
- Martha Washington Candy
Nutter Butter Truffles
- 1 regular-size package Nutter Butter cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces milk chocolate candy coating
- 8 ounces white chocolate candy coating
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Place cookies in a food processor and process until finley crushed.
- Cut the cream cheese into pieces and add to the food processor along with the powdered sugar. Pulse until evenly mixed in.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.Freeze for 10 minutes or refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover them with plastic wrap so they do not dry out.
- Place the milk chocolate candy coating and the white chocolate candy coating in separate bowls. Microwave at 20 second intervals until melted.
- Use a toothpick or a fork to dip half the balls in the milk chocolate and half in the white chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Set back on the parchment paper.
- Microwave the peanut butter for 10 to 15 seconds. Drizzle on the truffles.
- Place the tray back in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set. Once set, you can place them in an airtight container or ziptop bag and keep them refrigerated.
1 thought on “Nutter Butter Truffles”
What do you do with the powered sugar? Doesn’t say in the recipe.