These Creme de Menthe Truffles are covered in chocolate and have a creamy mint filling that melts in your mouth. They are one of my favorite Easy Christmas Candies!
This easy to make candy is perfect for the holidays. Creme de Menthe gives them their mint flavor and a nice grown-up kick. Only 6 ingredients are needed to make these mint-flavored truffles.
To make them you’ll mix together 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup finley chopped toasted pecans, and 1/4 cup of creme de menthe in a large bowl. Gradullay mix in 4 cups of powdered sugar/ You can do these steps either with a wooden spoon or a handheld mixer.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. If you chill it for longer than an hour, the mixture might get too firm to shape into balls but just let it sit at room temperature until it softens up some.
Shape into 1-inch balls and refrierate for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate chips and shortening and dip the balls to coat them in chocolate. Refrigerate until set.
Tips for Making Creme de Menthe Truffles:
- Because these truffles contain creme de menthe liquor, they should be adult-only.
- Creme de Menthe comes in clear and in green. If you have the clear one and you want your filling to be green, add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Store in the refriegrator. Can be kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- Can be frozen.
- Bittersweet or milk chocolate can be used instead of semi-sweet chocolate.
- The shortening helps keep the chocolate from hardening too much but can be left out.
More Easy Candy Recipes:
Creme de Menthe Truffles
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup clear or green creme de menthe
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter, pecans, and creme de menthe.You can use an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Dust hands with powdered sugar. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Using a fork, one at a time coat the balls in the melted chocolate and then return to the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set.
Recipe source: Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.