These Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche make great individual servings. They have a delicious filling with ham, bell pepper and two kinds of cheese.
Easy to make in a muffin tin with refrigerated pie crusts.
How To Serve Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche
Mini quiche make a great lunch or brunch item, especially when served with a fruit salad. They also make great holiday appetizers. These particular mini quiche are perfect for using up leftover Easter or Thanksgiving ham.
- 12-count muffin tin
- 4-inch round cookie cutter or a bowl with a rim that is 4 inches in diameter
You can easily make substitutions for this quiche. Use bacon instead of ham, add roasted jalapeno for a little heat or change up the cheese. Pepper Jack cheese is also great to use for a little heat.
You should be able to get 12 mini quiches out of 2 refrigerated pie crusts. If needed you can roll out the scraps.
Make Ahead and Storage
The filling can be mixed a day in advance. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and can be reheated in the microwave or toaster oven. To freeze quiche for later, wrap each individual quiche in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes to heat.
More Quiche Recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add ham. Cook 1 minute and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and half-and-half until combined.
- Stir salt, pepper, garlic powder, cheddar cheese, and swiss cheese into egg mixture.Add the ham mixture.
- Unroll both piecrusts. Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter or a 4-inch wide bowl to cut 12 circles out of the piecrust.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Fit a piecrust circle in each muffin cup.
- Use a measuring cup to divide the egg mixture evenly between the piecrusts.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then run a knife around the edge of each quiche and remove from the pan.