Instant Pot Champagne Chicken is ultra creamy, rich, and delicious. The sauce is full of mushrooms and tastes fantastic served over rice. This restaurant quality instant pot meal can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Champagne Chicken is an impressive and elegant dish that is so easy to make. Champagne adds a wonderful, delicate flavor to the sauce. The sauce has tons of flavor from garlic, shallots, Italian seasoning, and the best part– boursin cheese. It adds an incredible richness and helps thicken the sauce.
The sauce is also flavored with Parmesan cheese. Trust me, this is one of the most delicious sauces ever.
Tips for making Instant Pot Champagne Chicken:
- You can use either champagne or Prosecco as long as it is dry and not sweet.
- Leave the mushrooms out if you don’t like them.
- Try adding a little baby spinach.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
- Finely chopped sweet onion can be used instead of shallot.
- Tastes great served with asparagus or broccoli.
- Boursin cheese comes in different flavors. You can use any that you like. I use Garlic and Herb.
I use a 6-quart Instant Pot for this recipe. The chicken breasts are cut in half horizontally into thinner pieces. Not only are they more appropriately sized for a single serving, they cook faster as well.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot 3-Packet Pot Roast
Instant Pot Champagne Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup champagne or Prosecco
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5.2-ounce Boursin Cheese, any flavor
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally so you have 6 thin chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Turn Instant Pot to "Saute" mode. When hot, add the oil. Once the oil heats up, add half the chicken. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken. Remove and set aside.
- Add butter. When melted, add shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to Instant Pot and add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper, chicken broth, and champagne.
- Press "cancel" on Instant Pot. Place lid on. Make sure valve is in sealing position. Set to "Pressure Cook" for 5 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
- Remove chicken. Stir together cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of cold water and add to Instant Pot. Stir in and turn Instant Pot on "Saute". Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and boursin cheese. When smooth, add Parmesan and stir until melted.Ladle sauce over chicken and serve.
Recipe adapted from Pressure Luck Cooking