Ham and Noodle Casserole with Broccoli is a creamy, cheesy casserole that’s perfect for using up leftover ham. With a crunchy, buttery cracker crumb topping, this one dish meal is pure comfort food.
Every Easter we have leftover ham and while ham sandwiches are great, I like to turn it into other things too. Check out this list of leftover ham recipes.
A cheesy casserole with broccoli is a delicious way to breath new life into ham. It’s perfect for when you have just a little bit of ham to use. The recipe calls for 2 cups of ham but you could make it with 1 cup. You could also toss in a little leftover turkey. Casseroles are great for getting rid of your odds and ends.
Made with egg noodles, a creamy mixture of condensed chicken soup, sour cream, and milk plus seasonings, two kinds of cheese and a crunchy cracker crumb topping. This easy casserole is pure comfort food.
Ham and Noodle Casserole Recipe Tips:
- Try using peas instead of broccoli.
- I use a combination of cheddar cheese and mozzarella, but you could use any cheese you like. Swiss cheese and Parmesan would be great too.
- The noodles will cook more in the oven so undercook them just slightly.
- This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated and then popped in the oven just before dinner.
- Leftovers reheat well and will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days in an airtight contanier.
Try These Other Leftover Ham Recipes:
- Ham Pot Pie
- Ham Lasagna
- Creamy Ham and Tortellini Soup with White Beans
- Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball
- Ham Tetrazzini
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder
Ham and Noodle Casserole with Broccoli
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets, steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 14 Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cook the egg noodles in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.Tip: Cook them towrds the shorter end of the suggested cooking time.
- Stir together chicken soup and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add noodles, ham, broccoli and all but 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir to mix evenly.
- Tarnsfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinke remianing cheese on top. Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs and sprinkle them on top.Return to oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.