Broccoli and Ham Jiffy Cornbread is nearly a meal on its own. Wonderfully moist and loaded with broccoli, ham, and cheddar cheese.
Jiffy Muffin Mix
I absolutely love using boxes of Jiffy Muffin Mix for recipes. They are really inexpensive and I always have a box or two in my pantry. I love the sweetness that Jiffy has. NOTE: If you don’t like sweet cornbread, you will not like this recipe. It is both a sweet and savory recipe since Jiffy Muffin Mix has quite a bit of sugar added.
Great For Using Up Leftover Ham
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas ham. You will need 1 cup of diced ham for this recipe.
How To Serve Broccoli and Ham Jiffy Cornbread
10 to 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet. Cast Iron is by far the best type of pan for making cornbread. It maintains heat really evenly and gets the outside of the cornbread golden and crispy.
Preheat The Pan
For best results with any cornbread recipe, preheat the pan with some butter in it. Watch carefully because butter burns easily.
The cooking time will vary some based on the size of your cast iron skillet. If using a 10-inch skillet, it will take a little longer than using a 12-inch skillet.
Make It Spicy
I add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper which gives the cornbread just a little heat. For extra heat, double the amount.
Can I Use Fresh Broccoli?
Yes, you can use fresh broccoli, but you will need to steam it until crisp-tender. It will soften up a little more in the oven.
Store in the refrigerator and reheat in a 300 degree oven until warm.
More Recipes Using Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Pour 3 tablespoons of melted butter into a 10 to 12-inch cast iron pan.Place pan in oven to heat. Note: Be careful not to burn the butter and don't put it in the oven until you have all the ingredients measured and ready to mix together.
- In a alrge bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sour cream, remaining melted butter, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in ham, broccoli, and cheese.Stir in Jiffy mix just until mixed in.
- Carefully remove pan from oven using an oven mitt. Pour batter into pan.Return to oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.