Texas-Style Jiffy Cornbread is kicked up with corn, jalapenos, and cheddar. So easy to make and goes with practically anything.
Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix makes a sweet cornbread so don’t try this recipe if you’re not a fan of sweet cornbread.
Super Moist Texture and Buttery Flavor
A cup of sour cream and a full 1/2 cup of melted butter give this cornbread a fabulously moist texture with lots of butteriness.
- Whisk– I love this Balloon Whisk.
- Large Bowl– I love these nesting bowls with pour spouts.
- 9×13-inch Baking Dish– this one has a handy lid that comes with it.
Spice It Up More
This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of chopped pickles jalapeno pepper and one fresh jalapeno sliced and scattered on top. This only creates a mild spice level. For more heat double the pickled jalapenos and/or add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the batter.
Texas-Style Jiffy Cornbread Recipe Tip
After mixing the ingredients together, the batter should be placed in the oven right away. Don’t let the batter sit.
Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container, wrapped in aluminum foil, or in a ziplock bag for 2 days. Will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days but tastes best the day it is made.
More Cornbread Recipes
- Cheesy Broccoli Cornbread
- Boston Market Style Cornbread
- The BEST Jiffy Cornbread
- Hot Water Cornbread
- Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins
- Low Carb Corn Muffins
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Stir in pickled jalapenos, corn, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Stir in Jiffy mix just until mixed in.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top. Scatter jalapeno slices on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.