Grilled Bourbon Steaks are full of smoky bourbon flavor. Rib-eye steaks (or any cut of meat you choose) are marinated in a bourbon and Worcestershire mixture and then grilled to get a good char.
The marinade is a simple mixture of bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, olive oil, shallot, garlic, and hot sauce. You can sub green onion for shallot if you wish.
Bourbon Steak Recipe Tips:
The steak should be marinated for 4 to 12 hours. The longer you marinate it, the more flavor it will have. It’s best to let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling them. Blot off the marinade with paper towels and season them well with salt and pepper.
You can use this marinade with pretty much any cut of steal or pork. Rib-eyes are my favorite, but it also works well with filet mignon, sirloin, or even flank steak or London broil.
The bourbon flavor really comes through in these Grilled Bourbon Steaks. They go great with some grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes, and a bourbon cocktail.
Sides That Go Great with Bourbon Steaks:
More Steak Recipes
- Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak
- Honey Bourbon Steak Tips
- Grilled Margarita Steak
- Bloody Mary Skirt Steak
Grilled Bourbon Steaks
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 thick-cut boneless ribeye steaks
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large ziptop bag. Add steaks. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove steaks from bag and blot dry. Season well with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Add steaks and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.