Easy Fudge Bars- these brownies are really rich in chocolate flavor, have lots of chopped walnuts and are wonderfully sweet. So easy and delicious, they will disappear right before your eyes!
Easy Fudge Bars are much better than box brownies but not at all difficult to make. The chocolate flavor comes from 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate which I think adds a more intense chocolate flavor than unsweetened cocoa powder.
Add 1 cup of chopped walnuts if you want a nutty crunch in them or you can leave the nuts out and have just a really smooth chocolatey brownie. These fudge bars only have 1/2 cup of flour in them and that is what gives them such a fudgy texture.
You’ll need to chop the chocolate up and melt it along with the butter over low heat. Be sure to stir it frequently so it doesn’t burn. Let the mixture cool some before adding it to the mixture of eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
Once you add the chocolate mixture, whisk it really well and then stir in the flour and salt. Lastly stir in the nuts if you are using them. Pecans can be used instead of walnuts.
You can use unsalted butter if that is what you have and add a pinch more salt.
A gluten-free flour should work well in this recipe if you need to make gluten-free brownies.
You could add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter for even more chocolate flavor.
HOW TO TELL IF EASY FUDGE BARS ARE DONE:
Check these bars at about 22 minutes. When they are ready to come out of the oven, they should look dry around the edges but still slightly undercooked in the middle. Keep in mind that it will continue to cook for a little while after you remove them from the oven.
More Brownies and Bars:
- Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Buttery Coconut Bars
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars
Easy Fudge Bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.