Creamy Crawfish Fettuccine is spicy and cheesy with plenty of crawfish tails. It’s probably my favorite way to eat crawfish. Crawfish Etouffee Balls are a close second.
You’ll need a pound of frozen crawfish tail meat for this recipe. It can be hard to find in some areas, but quite a few specialty grocery stores carry it.
No crawfish? You could easily substitute shrimp in this recipe.
Rich, Creamy, Cheesy Texture
Velveeta cheese makes this Crawfish Fettuccine super creamy and cheesy. I know some people balk at using Velveeta, but it really works in this recipe.
Sour cream and half-and-half add even more richness. This is a truly indulgent pasta dish. The kind you make only for special occasions. Like Mardi Gras. Double the recipe and make a huge batch for a Mardi Gras party.
How To Make Spicy
To add a little spice, I use Cajun or Creole seasoning. Tony Chachere’s is my favorite. The seasoning just adds a little heat. If you want more, add 1/4 to 1/2 teapsoon of cayenne pepper and/or serve with TABASCO Sauce.
More Mardi Gras Recipes
- Hot Muffaletta Dip
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Mardi Gras Pasta
- Shrimp Etouffee
- Seafood Gumbo
- Creole Potato Salad
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound frozen crawfish meat, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, I use Tony Chachere’s
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, green parts sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add red bell pepper, celery, and onion. Cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add crawfish (along with any liquid in the bag), Cajun seasoning, and black pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over crawfish mixture. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in half-and-half. Cook until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add Velveeta, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta, green onions, and parsley. Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.