Coconut Cream Poke Cake is wonderfully moist and delicious with lots of fresh coconut flavor. Made with a box of cake mix, this easy poke cake is topped with whipped topping and lots of shredded coconut. Great for potlucks!
This fabulous cake is rich and decadent but also light and fresh tasting.
How To Make Coconut Cream Poke Cake
To make Coconut Cream Poke Cake, I start by baking a box of yellow cake mix in a 9×13-inch pan. White cake mix can be used if you prefer. Once baked, poke holes all over the cake and slowly pour a mixture of Cream of Coconut and sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This is going to give the cake a texture like that of Tres Leches Cake. So good, and because so much liquid is added, it will keep for days and days with no risk of drying out.
Be sure to use Cream of Coconut and not Coconut Milk. You can usually find it in the cocktail mixers section or the Asian food section of the grocery store.
Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours to let the cake really absorb all the liquid. Next, you’ll cover the cake with a thick layer of whipped topping and shredded coconut. You can toast the coconut first for a little more flavor if you like.
Instead of using store-bought whipped topping, you can make fresh whipped cream by beating 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream until thick, adding enough sugar to sweeten it to your liking.
This creamy, delicious cake packs so much coconut flavor!
Do you love poke cakes? Check out our YOUTUBE CHANNEL for more easy dessert recipes including Hummingbird Poke Cake.
On our Youtube Channel you’ll find over 100 family-tested recipe videos. New videos are being added weekly. These short videos walk you through the recipe step by step, making sure you have success in the kitchen.
More Poke Cake Recipes
- Hummingbird Poke Cake
- Pina Colada Poke Cake
- Easy Strawberry Poke Cake
- Chocolate Poke Cake
- Snickers Poke Cake
Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients needed to make cake
- 1 (15-5-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with baking spray. Mix cake batter and bake cake according to directions on cake box.
- Poke holes in the cake while still hot.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Slowly pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Spread whipped topping on cake and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
4 thoughts on “Coconut Cream Poke Cake”
The best cake I have ever tasted if u like coconut .
Christin, this cake is fabulous and perfect for a cool, delicious dessert for a hot summer here in Jacksonville, Florida. I baked it for my daughter’s boyfriend’s birthday celebration and everyone loved it. I didn’t know how the “boys” would like it, but I quickly found out. Now I get to bake another one for hubby and me. Thank you so much for sharing.
So happy to hear they enjoyed it Caren!
I love this recipe! I have been looking for it, Thanks!