Christmas Margaritas are a festive holiday cocktail with a sweet and tart cranberry flavor. Garnish them with fresh mint and lime slices and you have an adult beverage that is perfectly dressed for the holidays.
A cocktail gets even more delicious and colorful with the addition of cranberry juice. I also like to add a few fresh cranberries to the drink as decoration but they aren’t necessary.
Typically margaritas are garnished with salt around the rim, but since this is a holiday cocktail, I went with coarse sugar. Salt can be used instead if you prefer it.
What You’ll Need To Make Christmas Margaritas:
- A cocktail shaker– if you like to make drinks at home, a cocktail shaker is well worth the investment and will only set you back about $25.
- Fresh lime juice– fresh is always best. I add 1/2 a cup to this recipe, but you could add a little less. Tip: If you microwave limes for 15 to 20 seconds it will be much easier to get the juice out of them.
- Tequila– a blanco tequila works well for margaritas.
- Triple Sec– or another orange flavored liquour.
- Superfine sugar– to sweeten the margarita some. Superfine sugar works really well in cocktails because it dissolves very easily.
- Coarse kosher salt or coarse sugar for the rim.
- Garnishes– fresh cranberries, mint, and lime slices.
This recipe makes enough for 2 large margaritas.
Pomegranate juice is a good substitution for cranberry juice.
Try These Other Holiday Cocktails:
- 1 cup Cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 teaspoons super fine sugar
- coarse sugar or salt for rims
- fresh cranberries
- lime slices
- Add Cranberry juice, lime juice, Tequila, Triple Sec, and superfine sugar to a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Rub a lime slice around the rims of 2 glasses. Sprinkle a layer of salt or sugar on a plate and dip the lime coated glass rims in it.
- Fill glasses with ice and then fill with margarita mix.
- Garnish with cranberries, lime slices and mint.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.