Hot Buttered Rum is a delicious mixture of butter, sugar, spices, and ice cream plus rum. Served warm, it is a wonderful cocktail for winter.
This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the freezer. A cup of Hot Buttered Rum is just minutes of way.
Hot Buttered Rum is right up there with Eggnog when it comes to my favorite holiday drinks. It is creamy and decadent with plenty of rum flavor. What’s especially awesome about this recipe is the rum gets added last so you can add as little or as much as you like.
Since the mixture is made in advance and stored in the freezer, it’s easy to make a Hot Buttered Rum for unexpected guests. All you have to do is boil some water and scoop 1/2 cup of the butter mixture into a mug. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water on top and mix it together. Add you rum and you are ready to indulge.
I can’t think of a better way to spread some holiday cheer than welcoming guests with a glass of Hot Buttered Rum.
There’s no btter way to warm up on a cold winter night than sitting by the fireplace, sipping a glass of Hot Buttered Rum.
Hot Buttered Rum
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
For each serving
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 to 4 tablespoons rum
- Place butter and both sugars in a large bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat until smooth.
- Beat in ice cream, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Place in a plastic storage container, cover and freeze.
- For each serving, place 1/2 cup of fozen mixture in a glass. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over it. Stir to dissolve.
- Stir in desired amount of rum.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.