Chicken Artichoke Casserole is a super easy to make spring casserole using boneless chicken breasts, artichoke hearts, white wine, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, plus a crunchy sliced almond topping. Serve with rice and peas or a salad for a comforting and filling meal.
It really only takes 10 to 15 minutes to prep this casserole. Then place it in the oven for 40 minutes and you have a warm, rich supper ready to hit the table.
There are two vegetables that start with the letter “A” that I can’t get enough of each spring- Asparagus and Artichokes. But while fresh asparagus couldn’t be easier to cook, I can’t say the same for artichokes. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever cooked fresh artichokes. Except baby artichokes in a crawfish boil.
I always use frozen or canned artichoke hearts so there’s really no reason for me to limit most of my artichoke eating to spring, but it just seems fitting to.
I like to cook casseroles at least once a week. They tend to be easy to make, satisfying, and leftovers almost always heat up well.
For more Casserole ideas follow my Casseroles Pinterest Board. This is where I pin my favorite casserole recipes and ones that I cannot wait to try. It will give you endless dinner inspiration.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scatter artichoke hearts on top of chicken.
- Add butter to pan and place over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft. Add flour and cook 1 minute, mixing flour into butter.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Let simmer to thicken and add wine. Cook for several minutes to let alcohol cook off.
- Add cream cheese and cook over low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixed into sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken and artichokes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and almonds.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Favorite Casseroles
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.