A creamy Artichoke Dip that’s made extra rich with the use of mascarpone cheese. It’s absolutely heavenly. There’s a little spinach added in, but this is predominantly an artichoke dip.
I’ve been infatuated with mascarpone cheese ever since making this Asparagus Gratin. It has become my favorite asparagus dish ever. Then I made Salmon topped with Mascarpone Spinach and I became convinced that mascarpone should be added to just about everything. There are no words to describe the smoothness and creaminess of mascarpone cheese. You must experience it for yourself.
Your holiday season can’t possibly go by without making this warm and creamy Artichoke Mascarpone Dip. It’s totally irresistible. And be sure to invite lots of people over to enjoy it with you. Otherwise you will eat it all yourself. And your thighs will be hating you for it.
Even better, get your Thanksgiving meal started with a bang by serving this dip with some buttered and toasted French baguette slices. Everyone will make nice around the Thanksgiving table once their tummies have been delighted with Artichoke Mascarpone Dip.
If there are any leftovers, they can be mixed in with some pasta for a quick and easy meal.
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add spinach and sauté 30 seconds. Turn heat off and stir to wilt spinach evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool and then press paper towels down on top to remove excess moisture.
- Place chopped artichoke hearts in a medium bowl. Add mascarpone and mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
- Add onion/spinach mixture to bowl along with both cheeses, red pepper flakes, thyme, paprika, and dry mustard. Fold everything together.
- Spoon into a 1-quart baking dish, sprinkle with Panko crumbs, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine butter and olive oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave until butter is melted.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with butter mixture, place on a baking sheet, and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Serve dip warm with bread slices.
Want to Save This Recipe?