Cheesy Shrimp and Spinach Dip is an unbelievably creamy and rich seafood dip. Two kinds of cheeses, mozzarella and Parmesan, give the dip plenty of cheese flavor. It’s just a little bit spicy but can easily be spiced up a lot more. This easy to make dip tastes great served with toasted pita wedges, crackers, tortilla chips of veggie sticks.
I can never resist a shrimp dip or any kind of seafood dip. If you love shrimp, but not the price tag, this shrimp dip is a great way to stretch a pound of shrimp into a recipe with plenty of shrimp flavor to feed a crowd.
If you have leftovers, they taste great on a baked potato or as an omellet filling. It also tastes amazing mixed in with pasta.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY SPINACH AND SHRMP DIP:
- Cook some onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Make a simple roux by adding flour and then slowly stirring in the cream.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of nutmeg for seasoning.
- Next, stir in the cheese until melted.
- Stir in the sour cream and spinach leaves, and then the shrimp. Since the shrimp are chopped into small pieces, they will have plenty of time to cook in the oven. Be sure the spinach is chopped up quite a bit or it will make scooping the dip difficult.
- Bake for 15 minutes to get the shrimp cooked and the dip bubbly and golden.
More Shrimp Dip Recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of nutmeg, optional
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped up some
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle flour into pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream. Add Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
- Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Stir in sour cream and spinach until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.