Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Pull-Aparts have all the flavor of cinnamon rolls except the dough is cut into squares and baked in a 9-inch square pan.
When you flip them out of the pan, they are covered with a gooey, sweet brown sugar and pecan layer. With the flavor of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon, this is a wonderful fall breakfast treat.
What’s great about these Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Pull-Aparts is they are made the night before, refrigerated overnight, and then baked in the oven for about 25 minutes. (You do need to let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.)
Because you can do all the work the day before, they are perfect for a fall weekend breakfast or a holiday brunch.
The dough itself is made with yeast and sweetened with a little brown sugar. Pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon are added to the dough for flavoring. The dough gets rolled out and cut into squares and placed in a baking dish on top of a delicious buttery pecan mixture with honey and lots of brown sugar.
This pumpkin flavored sticky bread is sure to be a new fall favorite.
Can be stored for a day or two at room temperature. To store for longer than that, refrigerate them.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- Pumpkin Praline Torte
- Pumpkin Cake Roll
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake
- Nutella Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Pull-Aparts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add pecans and cook, stirring frequently until pecans are fragrant.
- Add brown sugar, whipping cream, and honey. Stir well and cook over medium heat until sugar is melted. Pour into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- To make dough, dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add butter cubes and cut in until the mixture is crumbly. Add pumpkin, buttermilk, vanilla extract and yeast mixture. Stir to mix.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Dough will be very sticky and you may need to work a little more flour into it, but try to use as little extra flour as possible.
- Knead dough a few times and then pat or roll into a square that is approximately 9 inches.
- Cut dough into 16 squares and arrange them over the pecan mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Set baking dish on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 24 to 28 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving platter.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted October 5, 2018.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home