Butterscotch Lush has a delicious and buttery crust made from Pecan Sandies crumbs, a cream cheese layer, a creamy butterscotch pudding layer, and a layer of whipped topping on top. It’s an almost no-bake dessert that is perfect for summer potlucks and picnics.
Lush desserts like this Butterfinger Lush, are always popular. They’re a breeze to make, can be prepared in advance, and are great for feeding a crowd.
Since they are served chilled, they are ideal for summer parties. So refreshing to take a bight of those cool and creamy layers.
I’m a huge fan of butterscotch pudding. The butterscotch layer gives this dessert most of its flavor, but it is complemented by the pecan crust and creamy cream cheese layer, plus the light and creamy whipped topping layer.
Sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top and you have the perfect summer dessert for butterscotch lovers. 🙂
- 1 (11.3-ounce) package pecan sandies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.4-ounce) instant butterscotch pudding
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- chopped pecans, optional
- Place cookies in food processor and process until finely crumbled.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Transfer cookie crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Press evenly along bottom of pan. Place in 325 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. With mixer on low, beat in 2 cups whipped topping just until combined.
- Spread cream cheese layer on top of crust.
- Using an electric mixer, beat both boxes of butterscotch pudding with milk on LOW until thick. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping on top.
- Garnish with chopped pecans if desired.
Another great potluck dessert is this Lemon Lush. Watch the video below to see how to make it!
More Summer Desserts