It’s almost Mardi Gras and that means it’s time for all that delicious New Orleans fare: Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, Shrimp Creole, Shrimp Etouffee, Muffaletta Dip, Bananas Foster Cake, and Beignets. Love them all.
This Bananas Foster Dessert Pizza is super easy to make for a party or a special family dessert.
We always have bananas and it is so easy to turn them into a delicious dessert like this Bananas Foster Dessert Pizza.
A pizza of any kind is always a crowd pleaser, but especially when covered in cream cheese and shortbread cookie crumbs with sliced bananas and chopped pecans drenched in caramel sauce and dark rum.
I like to use a premade pizza crust to save time, but you could make your own pizza dough.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and you are in for a treat.
Whether made for a family dinner or a Mardi Gras celebration, Bananas Foster Dessert Pizza is one pizza you’ll be glad you tried.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Bananas Foster Dessert Pizza
- 1 (12-inch) thin crust Pizza Crust, I use Mama Mary's
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on pizza crust. Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top and drizzle with melted butter.
- Place pizza crust in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium pan. Add brown sugar, cream, and cinnamon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rum, bananas, and pecans and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat the bananas.
- Top pizza with banana mixture.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Bananas Foster Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
13 thoughts on “Bananas Foster Dessert Pizza”
This was delicious!! I had a homemade pizza dough leftover from dinner and decided to try a dessert pizza and I’m so glad I chose this one! So simple to make and turned out amazing.
You make the best treats, Christin! I LOVE bananas foster and this dessert pizza would be a hit at our house! It looks incredible! <3
I love bananas fosters and this is a great alternative
I cannot even put into words how amazing this looks!
I want to dive face-first into this. And my husband doesn’t like bananas, so MORE FOR ME!
GET OUT! This looks fantastic Christin! Perhaps the best dessert pizza ever – pinned!
This is such an amazing creation! I love bananas foster, and would love to dive into this!
I miss living in the south for mardi gras!! Such a fun time! This pizza sounds soooo yummy. I love bananas foster so I would definitely stuff my face with this! 😉
Wow. That looks scrumptious, especially with the bananas and nuts. I’m inclined to hoard it and gorge on it with lots of ice cream on top.
This banana foster pizza might be a crowd-pleaser, but I will be THE ONE at the party who will try to hoard it all. This is banana dessert heaven!
Wow this is pretty much a perfect pizza, Christin! I love your creativity! I am a huge bananas foster lover, so I would devour this in no time!
Those sweet bananas and nuts look beyond incredible- I’m obsessed! 🙂
What a creative dish! I just love this fun spin on bananas foster!