Banana Macadamia Pancakes have all the flavor of Hawaii. Mashed banana and toasted macadamia nuts give these soft, fluffy pancakes lots of flavor.
Pancakes are my go to weekend breakfast. Buttermilk Pancakes are my alltime favorite, but when a little tropical flavor is what you are after, these Banana Macadamia Pancakes do not disappoint. The buttery crunch of a macadamia nut is one of my very favorite flavors.
The bananas add sweetness and flavor to the batter and the macadamia nuts add a buttery crunch. A magical combination.
- To reduce the amount of time it takes to make these pancakes in the morning, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt the night before.
- Milk can be substituted for the buttermilk in a pinch.
- Use an overly ripe banana for the pancake batter. You want your banana to have lots of sweetness and be really easy to mash.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- For even more Hawaiian flavor, you could sprinkle the pancakes with shredded coconut.
- Add a few chocolate chips if you are a chocolate fanatic. Peanut butter chips would be delicious too.
- A little cinnamon can be added for extra flavor.
Mext time you are looking to try a new pancake recipe, get a little taste of aloha with these Banana Macadamia Pancakes.
More Pancake Recipes:
- Coconut Pancakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Cake Batter Pancakes
- Banana Pudding Pancakes
Banana Macadamia Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teapsoons vanilla extract
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted macadamia nuts
- slice banana, butter, maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Mash the banana well and stir it in.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined. Stir in the macadamia nuts.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease well with butter or vegetable oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form pancakes. Cook until bubbles form on top. Flip over and continue to cook until cooked through. Turn down the heat some if they start to get too browned before they are set.
- Serve with butter, banana slices, and syrup.
Recipe adapted from The Food Charlatan