Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is full of macaroni, American cheese, bacon, and ground beef and flavored with a little ketchup, mustard, and dill pickles. It may sound a little strange, but it is crazy delicious!
I was a little unsure I would like this casserole. It took me back to the days as a child when I would play in the kitchen and mix all kinds of things together. But I yummed it up. It’s like a cheeseburger and mac and cheese combined together in one glorious casserole.
What’s To Love About Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole?
It’s a family-friendly weeknight dinner and it reheats well.
It turns a pound of ground beef into a casserole that can easily feed a family of six.
The combination of ground beef, pasta, bacon and cheese makes this casserole pure comfort food. I love how creamy American cheese is when it melts. There’s melted American cheese in the casserole itself, and a thick layer on top for lots of cheesiness.
It tastes even better dressed up with a little shredded iceberg lettuce, tomato slices, and dill pickle chips. One bite, and you’ll see that it is completely addictive. Your kids will love it.
You can make this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole spicy by adding 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. No need to Serve anything else with this casserole. It’s totally filling on its own and with iceberg lettuce and tomato slices, you get your veggies too.
Leftovers will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Family-Friendly Casseroles:
- Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole – a southern classic
- Chicken, Broccoli, and Ziti Casserole
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle chips
- 12 ounces sliced yellow American cheese
- shredded inceberg lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- dill pickle chips
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour bacon fat out of pan. You can save it for another use.Add ground beef to the skillet. Cook and crumble the ground beef. When the ground beef is about halfway cooked, add the onion.
- Drain off the fat. Place skillet over medium heat and add the garlic powder, pepper, diced tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce. Stir until heated through.
- Add the chopped pickles and half the American cheese. I like to tear or cut the cheese into pieces so that it melts more easily. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Stir macaroni in.
- Transfer to a greaseed 9x13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the bacon, shredded letuuce, tomatoes, and pickles.
Want to Save This Recipe?