Wreath Macaroons require only 4 ingredients (plus sprinkles!) and are ideal for coconut lovers. They are also gluten free so they are really handy to have on the Christmas cookie tray if you have any family members with gluten issues.
For another fun and festive holiday treat, try these Cornflake Christmas Wreaths.
Besides shaping these macaroons into wreath shapes, which is a little tricky, these Wreath Macaroons are so easy to make. This recipe is from Southern Living Magazine which is full of holiday inspiration.
To make them, mix together a bag of sweetened shredded coconut, 2 large egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Drop the mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (a must!). Make a hole in the middle of each mound with the end of a wooden spoon and use your fingers to pinch the mixture into a wreath shape.
They only take about 14 minutes to bake.
They have a light, chewy texture and tons of coconut flavor!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut, egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchement paper.
- Drop coconut mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Make a hole in the center of each mound and pinch into wreath shapes. Sprinkle with nonpareils and candies cherry pieces.
- Bake for about 14 to 16 minutes or until coconut begins to brown.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Home For The Holidays Cookbook Southern Living
More Macaroon Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.