White Chocolate Bread Pudding is ultra rich and decadent. I can’t think of anything better to do with stale white bread.
There’s loads of white chocolate flavor in this bread pudding. There are white chocolate chips in the pudding itself and it is served with a white chocolate sauce for more sweetness and flavor.
Ultra Rich Flavor
Six large eggs and a bunch of heavy cream make this bread pudding rich and creamy in texture. The texture is almost custard-like. Incredibly delicious!
Cocoa Powder Topping
The top may look a little burnt, but it’s not. There’s a cocoa powder/sugar mixture sprinkled on top for extra chocolate flavor.
Easy White Chocolate Sauce
The white chocolate sauce consists of just 3 ingredients: white chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter. It really ups the overall sweetness of the bread pudding.
What Type Of Bread To Use
I like to use a white sandwich bread that is a little on the dense side like Pepperidge Farm Hearty White Bread. Do not use fresh bread. Bread pudding is best made with stale bread. If your bread is fresh, remove it from the bag and spread it out to dry out some for a few hours.
Best served warm.
You can use a baking dish that’s anywhere between 8×11-inches and 9×13-inches. A smaller one will just result in a taller bread pudding.
To make the dish a little less rich, use 2 cups half-and-half and 1 1/3 cups heavy cream.
Once you pour the cream mixture over the bread. Push the bread slices down into the liquid to submerge them.
Needs to be assembled at least 2 hours in advance. Even better, do it the night before.
Leftovers will keep for about 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Bread Pudding Recipes To Try
- Toffee Biscuit Bread Pudding– you are going to love bread pudding made out of stale biscuits.
- Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Peach Bread Pudding
- Crock Pot Bread Pudding with Buttered Rum Sauce
- Blueberry White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Amaretto Cream Sauce
- 18-20 white sandwich bread slices
- 1 (11-ounce) package white chocolate chips, chopped into smaller pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 3 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
White Chocolate Sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Cut the crusts from the bread and discard them.Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. (Note: The baking dish I use is 8×11 inches. You can use a 9×13-inch or slightly smaller baking dish.)
- Place bread slices in 3 layers in the baking dish, sprinkling each layer with white chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt.Pour over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix together cocoa powder and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of bread pudding.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- To make sauce, place all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until melted.
- Serve warm, drizzled with white chocolate sauce.