Crock Pot Bread Pudding with Buttered Rum Sauce is fabulously delicious and rich. It only takes 10 minutes to prep and then it cooks slowly in the crock pot. Serve it warm with ice cream or fresh whipped cream for a dessert you won’t soon forget.
Bread pudding is one of my weaknesses. I just can’t resist it.
It’s easy to tweak a basic bread pudding recipe. Add dried fuits or chocolate or nuts. There are all kinds of ways to add a little extra flavor.
This Crock Pot Bread Pudding with Buttered Rum Sauce is wonderfully sweet and flavored with a little cinnamon, nutmeg, and rum. It’s a pretty traditional tasting bread pudding but the buttered rum sauce really takes it over the top! Buttered run sauce is a fabulous way to finish off bread pudding. It’s an easy mixture of butter, brown sugar, rum, and a little nutmeg. So good!
I love making bread pudding in a slow cooker. The long, slow cooking time keeps it rich and moist in the center, but it sets up really well too. And it gets wonderfully browned and crispy around the edges.
Another benefit of making bread pudding in a slow cooker is your home will smell wonderful for the 3 hours it cooks.
Tips for making Crock Pot Bread Pudding with Buttered Rum Sauce:
- Be sure to use day old (or older) French bread. Since so much liquid is added, you want your bread to be a little dried out and stale.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
- Add raisins to the bread pudding if you like them.
More Bread Pudding Desserts
- Crock Pot Tres Leches Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon-Peach Bread Pudding
- Toffee Biscuit Bread Pudding
- Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
- 8 cups French bread cubes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons rum, I use dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Buttered Rum Sauce
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Butter a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, melted butter, heavy cream, milk, rum and vanilla until mixed well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes. Press down on bread with the back of a spoon until all bread pieces are soaked with liquid.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. It should be set in the middle and crispy around the edges.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, rum, and nutmeg. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut bread pudding into squares and drizzle with buttered rum sauce. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?