Triple Threat Chocolate Chip Cookies have three types of chocolate plus pecans and walnuts. You’ll need a full glass of milk to wash these supremly rich and fudgy cookies down.
These Triple Threat Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely NOT lacking in chocolate flavor. They have 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, and lots and lots of milk chocolate chips.
They only have 1/3 cup of flour so they are really dense and chocolatey, almost like a cookie version of flourless chocolate cake.
If you’re a fan of fudgy brownies, you will adore these fudgy chocolate chip cookies.
Next time you’re craving chocolate, these Triple Threat Chocolate Chip Cookies are just what you need. These cookies with 3 kinds of chocolate and lots of nuts are defintely a triple threat!
Triple Threat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in oven to toast for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter, bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate. Stir occasionally so that chocolate does not burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using mixer with a paddle attachment, beat eggs and sugar at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir just until incorporated.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Let dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Use a 1 3/4-inch diameter scoop to drop spoonfuls on prepared sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Wet fingertips with water and gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops begin to crack and look glossy.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove to cooling racks.
More Favorite Cookie Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.