This Stove Top Broccoli Casserole is full of fresh steamed broccoli, stuffing, and a little cheddar cheese. Wonderfully moist and flavorful.
Makes a great side dish for the holidays or anytime you want a comfort food meal. This is maybe my favorite way to eat broccoli. If you are a fan of Stove Top Stuffing, you are going to love this easy recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Stove Top Broccoli Casserole
- Head of fresh broccoli. Cut the florets into bite-sized pieces and peel and slice a few of the stems. You can use frozen instead. Just heat it in the microwave until thawed.
- Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. Cream of Celery or Cream of Chicken can be used instead.
- Butter– I use salted, but unsalted can be used.
- Onion– very finely dice it or it will be crunchy.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese– shred your own for best flavor but preshredded can be used for convenience.
- Stove Top Stuffing– one 6-ounce box, any flavor.
There are only 3 Steps to this easy recipe.
- Steam the broccoli. It needs to be partially cooked before it goes in the oven. You can steam it in the microwave or in a steamer basket.
- Mix everything together, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese. Transfer it to a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 to 10 minutes.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
More Broccoli Recipes To Try
- Southern Broccoli Casserole
- Bacon Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli Alfredo Tortellini
- Cheesy Broccoli Cornbread
- Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Broccoli Cheese Balls
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) box Stove Top Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cut broccoli into florets and thinly slice some of the thick parts of the stems. You want about 6 cups.
- Steam broccoli until crisp tender. (It will cook more in the oven.)
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, eggs, condensed soup, melted butter, onion, pepper, Stove Top Stuffing mix, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Mix in the broccoli and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 to 10 more minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.